Offer to do the PhD in Transport at the Joint Research Centre.This PhD position is part of the Collaborative Doctoral Partnership (CDP) between the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM) and the European Commission's Joint Research Center (JRC). [see https://ec.europa.eu/info/departments/joint-research-centre_en, with more detail]
Professor José Manuel Vassallo is looking for candidates who have finished or finished a Master's Degree to join his team at the Transport Research Centre (TRANSYT) of the UPM in order to collaborate in European and national research projects related to the following subjects:
- Impact of new forms of collaborative economy on mobility.
- Use of big data in transport management.
- Management and financing of transport infrastructures and services.
- Optimal surface parking policies.
For the selection of candidates, the following will be assessed:
- Interest in carrying out a doctoral thesis in the future.
- Academic record in degree and master's degree.
- Knowledge of the English language.
- Interest in learning statistical and optimization software tools.
The duration of the contract will be at least 12 months, starting in July or September 2019. The contract may be extended if there is interest in continuing with a doctoral thesis. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a personal interview in which working conditions will be discussed. Interested parties send curriculum vitae and academic record before June 10, 2019 to:
Carmen Pérez Martínez, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 910674233